This recipe makes around 20 fritters. Serve with the dip below and with crispy kale or lettuce leaves or even add a chopped boiled egg. Store well in the fridge and freezer.
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 large tatties
3 leeks chopped finely
1 carrot grated
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon English mustard
Salt and pepper
1 egg beaten
Dip – 2 tablespoons yoghurt, teaspoon of mint sauce, ½ teaspoon of cumin, cucumber – mix
- Boil and mash your tatties
- Slice you leeks thinly and fry in the oil, after 5 mins add your carrot and add all the spices, mustard, salt and cook until soft.
- Take off the heat and mix through your potatoes
- Roll into balls, dip into egg first then your breadcrumbs
- Fry in olive oil until brown and crispy